Put-to-Light system integrated with JDA WMS answers the rising needs of distributors and logistics operators, who send packages in on-line and retail channels.
PUT-TO-LIGHT PARCEL SORTATION SYSTEM INTEGRATED WITH JDA DISPATCHER WMS
There are aspects of today’s e-commerce and retail distribution that constantly challenge the supply chain professionals. Whether running a highly automated DC or simple dispatch operations – order accuracy, labor efficiency and continuously reduced lead times call for a solution to create a competitive advantage.
HKK-Consult has developed an original solution to support parcel shipment process while using Put-to-Light (PTL) sortation stations natively integrated with JDA Dispatcher WMS.
The solution comprises of sortation / packing station(s) equipped with dedicated software & hardware package and function library enabling integration of JDA Dispatcher WMS with PTL stations.
- Higher productivity, typically by 50%
- Improved accuracy
- Much faster operations
- Lower labor costs due to reduced training time
ADVANTAGES OF HKK PTL SOLUTION
- Better utilization of picking resources - inventory needed to fulfill orders may be delivered to PTL station as a stream of multiple totes/ pallets - many pickers can work simultaneously on a single wave
- Shorter outbound cycle - semi automated SKU-driven (not order-driven) sortation process enable many orders to be processed in parallel at a PTL station
- Simple installation – ready to use components plus dedicated process within JDA WMS
- Flexible configuration - process flow is set up using native JDA WMS functionality
- Easy extendable – single warehouse may utilize many PTL stations allowing for more orders / customers to be served in less time. Adding another PTL station requires just plug-in into the server plus one day of JDA WMS setup work
- Scalable arrangement – the PTL area(s) may be easily adjusted or turned on/off to follow the ever changing order flow in e-comm business
HKK PTL solution components
- Function library integrating Put-to-Light solution with JDA Dispatcher WMS
- Predefined process configuration for Put-to-Light flow within JDA WMS – order selection, wave creation, picking, packing, printing, interfacing and dispatch
- HKK PTL application server
- PTL station components:
- touchscreen PC for administration and control
- LED panels with buttons
- barcode reader
- label printer
- optional components (ie. document printer, scale)
HOW IT WORKS?
1. JDA WMS filters out orders suitable for PTL process after they are loaded into the system (selection criteria can be setup individually per process)
2. JDA WMS automatically groups selected orders into waves
3. Waves are allocated and released
4. JDA WMS creates lists for picking to bring inventory from storage to PTL stations
5. Stream of inventory is delivered to PTL stations (multiply totes/ pallets at a time for single wave) - different picking strategies can apply, i.e. zone picking, bulk picking
6. Inventory is sorted to slots at PTL station (each slot represents usually one order) - operator picks up item from the delivered tote/ pallet, scans its EAN code and puts it away into slots with highlighted LED panels; quantity to putaway is presented on panels or, optionally, process can assume piece by piece sortation (like on cash desk in supermarket)
7. The rear LED panel indicates when the order is completed (or the slot is full) – operator then packs the whole inventory from the slot and confirms it by pressing the button on the flashing LED
8. Parcel gets closed in JDA WMS and the order gets status Packed - this triggers (depending on configuration) all standard interfaces and printouts
9. Closed parcels are moved to ship dock for loading and shipping